There’s a lot of talk about what languages we will need to know ten, twenty, even fifty years from now. I know that my daughter, she definitely will be better off if she can speak computer. Coding that is. Here are a bunch of ways to help your kids speak the language of the future. Apps, games, screen-free options and more!
Coding Resources for Kids
I love how many coding resources are out there these days! My blogger friends have gone through and reviewed some for you as well as outlined a few ways to help your kids enjoy coding and be successful.
- How to Create a Virtual Journal with HTML || Go Science Girls
- Teaching Girls to Code || Planet Smarty Pants
- Free Websites That Teach Coding for Kids || Preschool Powol Packets
- Fun Ways Kids Can Learn to Code || Mama Smiles
- Middle School Coding Projects for Beginners || Look! We’re Learning!
- Beyond the Code: Skills for Coders || STEAM Powered Family
Screen-Free Coding for Kids
Limiting screen time for the kids? Don’t have enough computers for the whole class? Don’t worry! There are a lot of fun ways to learn the principles of coding without using a computer.
- If-Then Coding Game for Kids || Left Brain Craft Brain
- Build an Algorithm on the Floor || JDaniel4’s Mom
- Coding a LEGO Maze || Research Parent
- Birthday Binary Code || Handmade Kids Art
- Coding Quiet Book || Nerdy Mama
- Screen Free Coding for Preschool & Kindergarten || Science Kiddo
28 Days of Hands-On STEM Activities for Kids
These Coding for Kids activities are part of an amazing series of hands-on STEM activities for kids. I’ve joined up with 28 other bloggers and we’re creating 60+ fun science, technology, engineering & math activities. Each week is a different topic: STEM Goes Green, STEM Challenges, Coding for Kids & STEM On the Cheap. Click here for the full list of activities or check out our first two week’s topics: STEM Goes Green and STEM Challenges.
Love STEM? Need even more? Sign up for the Left Brain Craft Brain newsletter!