Getting outside and enjoying nature is a true joy for anyone with kids! So we took our learning with these STEAM Nature Activities for Kids. Use this set of 28 Days of STEAM Projects for Kids posts to ignite those creative juices for year round discovery. Learn using STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, & math) concepts while you explore plants, animals, living and nonliving things, and so much more!
This post contains affiliate links.
STEAM Nature Activities for Kids
Get outside and get learning with these fun STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, & math) activities for kids.
- Plant Exploration by Growing Wheatgrass on Water Beads || Left Brain Craft Brain
- Tree Rings and Dendochronology Science Project for Kids || Edventures with Kids
- Nature Raft Craft || Figment Creative Labs
- Fractals in Nature: A Mathematical Suncatcher || Share It! Science
- Animals in Winter Craft || The Natural Homeschool
- 8 Rain Science Activities for Kids || iGameMom
- Making Recycled Paper with Nature Accents || Gift of Curiosity
- Sky Science – Why Does the Sky Change Colors? || STEAM Powered Family
- One Square Foot Backyard STEM Project || Little Bins for Little Hands
- Rock Balancing Stone Stacking Art || Rhythms of Play
- Find North Using the Sun || True Aim Education
- Build a Stone Maze || Pink Stripey Socks
- Growing Your Own Mushrooms || Teach Beside Me
More Hands-On Projects for Kids
Looking for some more STEAM inspiration that use can use right now? Instant gratification style? Check out STEAM Kids: 50+ Hands-on Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, & Math Hands-On Projects for Kids ebook! It’s packed full of a year’s worth fun learning activities that will wow the boredom right out of your kids.
28 Days of STEAM – More Learning Fun!
These projects are part of an amazing, month-long series of hands on STEAM projects for kids. Click on over to 28 Days of STEAM for 60+ FREE science, tech, engineering, art, and math projects from 30+ education writers. All ready to get your kids excited to learn.