Does your kiddo love showing off their collection of backpack charms? Or maybe they’re a Beanie Boo lover. They will totally love these adorable Fuzzy Heart Monster Backpack Charms for Valentine’s Day. Or their birthday, or any day of the year. Go pick out some fun fake fur and let’s get sewing!
Fuzzy Heart Monster Backpack Charms Supplies Needed
You’ll need a few things to quickly sew up one of these adorable creatures. The first and most fun step is to pick which fake fur you want to use!
Please note, I have provided links for supplies as they are hard to find in stores and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This is at no cost to you.
For the Monster
- Fake fur
- Pins (optional)
- 5″ piece of elastic cord
For the Eyes
- Gitter cardstock or paper
- Black cardstock or paper
- 1″ epoxy dome stickers
- 3/4″ circle punch (optional)
- Glue gun or E6000 glue
How to Make Fuzzy Heart Monster Backpack Charms
- First cut out 2 hearts from your fake fur. You can use the included template or make one in your desired size.
- Grab the elastic cord and tie a knot in the end.
- Stack one heart, fur side up, then the elastic cord with the knot facing out of the heart, then one heart, fur side down. Pin together if desired.
- Hand stitch the heart 3/4 of the way around, making sure the elastic is securely attached. You can use a sewing machine if you prefer.
- Flip the fur hearts right side out.
- Stuff with polyfill.
- Hand stitch the hole closed.
Now time to make the eyes…
How to Make Glittery Stuffed Animal Eyes
It’s really simple to make some glittery eyes like your kiddo’s favorite Beanie Boo.
- Punch out a 3/4″ circle of black paper and stick to the center of one of the epoxy dome circles.
- Put a drop of hot glue onto the back of the black paper and glue to a piece of glitter paper, glitter side up.
- Cut out the glitter paper around the edge of the epoxy dome sticker.
- Hot glue the eyes onto the Monster backpack charms.
My daughter’s totally in love with her fuzzy heart monster backpack charms!!
For more fun Valentine’s Day activities, check out these!
Light-Up Valentine Circuit Cards – These cool cards show your love with light. They’re a perfect way to add some STEAM to Valentine’s Day this year.
25 Valentine Process Art Projects for Kids – Want to get creative on February 14th? This incredible list of art projects show a love for the art journey, not just the end destination.
DIY Rocket Valentines – These rockets really fly with the help of some M&M’s and Alka Seltzer. Wrap it up with the free printable to make a cool science experiment gift.
Valentine’s Day STEAM Challenge Cards – Add some STEAM to Valentine’s Day with these fun challenges. Kids will build conversation hear towers, make red hot paint, and more!
Valentine's Day Science, Tech, Engineering, Art, and Math Fun for KidsLooking for ways to show your love for STEAM? Instant gratification style? Check out STEAM Kids Valentine's Day! It’s packed with 14 heart-inspired activities that will wow the boredom right out of your kids.