Left Brain Craft Brain does not sell (as “sell” is traditionally defined) your personal information.
That is, we don’t provide your name, phone number, address, email address or other personal information to third parties in exchange for money.
But under California law, sharing information for advertising purposes may be considered a “sale.” If you’ve visited our website within the past 12 months and you’ve seen ads, under California law your information might have been “sold” to our advertising partners.
As part of online advertising, we and our advertising partners may collect information about your interactions with us when you visit our website. This information includes:
- Type of device, operating system and/or browser you’re using
- Cookies stored on your browser
- Identifiers, including advertising identifiers on your device
- IP address of your device
- Your browsing and purchasing behavior while on our website
- Website you visited before you visited our site
- Other data or information normally captured as part of online advertising activities
We may share this information with third-party advertising partners.
Why does Left Brain Craft Brain share this information?
We, along with our advertising partners, use the information we collect through cookies and similar technologies to provide a more personalized experience on our website. Sharing this information with advertising partners lets us tailor and deliver advertising that may be more relevant or interesting to you.
Who are Left Brain Craft Brain’s advertising partners?
You can learn more about our advertising partners and their privacy practices here:
Advertising partners are subject to changes at any time without notice.
How to Opt Out of the Sale of Your Information
Turn Off Interest-Based Advertising
If you live in the state of California, you may choose to opt-out of Interest-Based Advertising. You can opt out by clicking the link at the very bottom of this page.
Your privacy controls.
You can opt out of the sale of your information through cookies by:
- Blocking all cookies in your browser
- Adjusting your mobile device’s privacy settings
Blocking cookies in your browser.
Learn how to block cookies in these common browsers:
For other browsers, check their support website. And if you use multiple browsers or devices, you’ll need to block cookies and adjust your privacy settings on each browser for each device.
When you block cookies:
- You might still see ads
- Some web pages might not be displayed correctly
- Some websites or apps might not function correctly
- You might not be able to view some websites
- You might not be able to take advantage of personalized features
- You are not opted out of interest-based advertising which requires additional step (please see Turn Off Interest-Based Advertising section for instructions).
Adjusting your mobile device’s privacy settings (opting out).
The Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) is a reliable source to help you find your choices on various mobile devices. See their information on opting out on mobile devices.
Left Brain Craft Brain is continuing to make updates to make it easier for you to control your privacy options — so please check back.
California Consumer Privacy Rights.
Collection and Disclosure.
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Addendum, we may have:
a. Collected the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers: identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (such as customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias), email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, and other similar identifiers, physical characteristics or description, state identification card number, and signature
- Identifiers (Online): a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers, and Internet Protocol address
- Other Financial, Medical, and Health Information: bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, insurance policy number, and other financial information, medical information, and health insurance information
- Information Related to Characteristics Protected Under California or Federal Law: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, genetic information, disability, citizenship status, and military and veteran status
- Commercial Information: including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Biometrics: biometric information
- Internet and Other Electronic Network Activity Information: including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements
- Geolocation Data
- Sensory Information: Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, and similar information
- Professional or Employment-Related Information
- Education Information
- Profile Inferences: inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes
b. Collected personal information about you for the following business or commercial purposes:
- Performing services you have purchased from or contracted for with us, including maintaining or servicing accounts (e.g., your Left Brain Craft Brain account), as well as providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services
- Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction
- Detecting and responding to security incidents, protecting against and responding to malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us
- Customizing your experience on our digital properties
- Processing liability claims
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
c. Shared your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates
- Our joint marketing partners
- Our business partners
- Social media networks
- Third-party marketing partners
- Government entities, including law enforcement
d. Sold (as defined under California law) the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers (online) associated with a device used to interact with our digital properties or advertisements (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology)
- Internet and other electronic network activity information associated with a device used to interact with Digital Properties or advertisements
We do not sell the personal information of consumers under the age of 16 if we have actual knowledge of the individual’s age.
We do not sell personal information as the term is traditionally understood, versus the definition under the CCPA — for example, we do not exchange for money personal information to data brokers or third parties for their marketing purposes independent of us.
e. Disclosed for a business purpose the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers (Online)
- Other Financial, Medical and Health Information
- Information Related to Characteristics Protected Under California or Federal Law
- Commercial Information
- Internet and Other Electronic Network Activity Information
- Geolocation Data
- Sensory Information
- Professional or Employment-Related Information
- Education Information
- Profile Inferences
You have certain choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information, as described below.
- Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information related to you we have collected during the past 12 months. This may include:
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which we collected the personal information
- The business or commercial purpose for which we collected or sold the personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information
- The categories of personal information about you that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we sold or disclosed that information for a business purpose
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you. Exceptions apply.
- Opt-Out of Sale: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
How to Submit a Request.
- To submit an Access Request, please email us at hello @ leftbraincraftbrain.com with “Access Request” in the subject line.
- To submit an Deletion Request, please email us at hello @ leftbraincraftbrain.com with “Deletion Request” in the subject line.
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request. Once you place an Access or Deletion Request, you will receive an email asking you to verify your request before the request will be processed. Please allow up to 45 days for the process to be completed.