Holidays are an amazing time to add some STEM to your day. You want to do something festive, but with your busy schedule, it can be challenging to find the time to squeeze it in. So make your Valentine’s Day activities do double duty and easy to implement with one of these super fun, engaging, and hands-on Valentine’s Day STEM Activities!
Valentine’s Day STEM Activities for Kids
I hope you like hearts because there are so many amazing ways to build, grow, construct, and learn with hearts. Check out all of these activities!
- Crystal Hearts – We’ve written up a classic crystals science experiment to make it easy!
- Geometric Heart – This straw building challenge will help kids learn a love for geometry.
- Paper Hearts STEAM Challenge – This paper heart challenge can be art, too!
- Candy Heart Balancing – Take conversation hearts to the next level!
- Light-Up Corner Bookmarks – These corner bookmarks combine circuits and origami for a fun gift or keepsake.
- Optical Illusion Valentines – Kids will totally love these thaumatrope Valentines.
- Valentine STEAM Challenges – There are 14 different STEAM Valentine challenge cards in this great pack.
- Valentine’s Day Color by Coding
Our newest Color by Coding activity is filled with love! Kids will love adding the binary, a building stone of programming, to their next coloring station. It’s perfect for early finishers!!
Download your FREE
VALENTINE'S DAY COLOR BY CODING PRINTABLE.
More Fun Valentine’s Day STEM Activities
The list doesn’t stop here! Check out these sweet Valentine’s Day STEM activities for kids like rockets that really fly, inexpensive STEAM activities, real heart models, and more.
- Valentine Rockets – These rocket Valentines really fly thanks to science and come with a sweet treat too.
- Heavy Hearts Challenge – This paper heart activity is a low budget one with a math edge.
- Balance Hearts – We love this balancing STEAM challenge that kids can make their own.
- Valentine Marble Maze – Who doesn’t love a marble maze? This heart version is a fun take on the game.
- Circuit Valentines – This sweet Valentine has been downloaded and made by thousands! It’s our most popular card this time of year.
- Layered Love Potion – Make a Valentine love potion with science!
- Build a Heart Model – Make a real heart model, not a candy one.
- Valentine Egg Drop – Add a sweet theme to a classic egg drop.
Valentine Art, Cards, & More for Kids
You will love this list of 25 Valentine Process Art Projects for Kids! From Spin Art Hearts to Melted Crayon Hearts to Tissue Paper Hearts. There’s something in here for everyone!
A few of our favorite printable Valentines made it into the STEM list. But be sure to click over for even more Printable Valentines for Kids (and adults!) Who Love STEM & STEAM!
Top off Valentine’s Day with a set of amazing STEAM activities. STEAM Kids Valentine’s Day is filled with integrated science, tech, engineering, art, and math. It makes a great teacher appreciation gift!