I’ve been having visions of snow this week as I listen to the news: “Winter Storms Hit the Rockies.” “Upper Midwest Braces for Wintry Weather.” Although I now call California home, I spent much of my life in colder, snowier climates like Ohio, Boston & Chicago and kind of miss the snowy cold. I know, cray cray… To help my daughter experience a bit of winter while it’s 75 degrees and sunny outside, I pulled together a few Wintertime Invitations to Play for her. Lots of sensory play, crafty activities and fun ways to learn while playing, all with a cold and snowy theme. Keep reading to the end for this week’s Love to Learn Linky, too!
Winter Invitations to Play
There were so many snowy fun ideas out there, but I had to narrow them down for you! So I picked play ideas with snowmen, pretend play and sensory play for today’s post.
Wintry Pretend Play
- Build STEM skills and pretend play by building Elsa’s Ice Palace. (Left Brain Craft Brain)
- Play Winter in the Woods with the forest animals. (Things to Share and Remember )
- Create this Winter Wonderland to encourage some magical imaginary play. (Nurture Store)
Snowmen Invitations to Play
- Play with this melting Snowman Slime from Little Bins for Little Hands.
- Build some Indoor Snowmen with these tips. (Modern Parents Messy Kids)
- Here’s a little less messy way to Build a Snowman. (Happy Hooligans)
Winter Sensory Play
- These Wintry Sensory Bins for Learning have a little something for every kid this winter. (One Time Through)
- Bring out the sparkle with this New Year’s Play Dough. (I Heart Crafty Things)
- Make some Pretend Snow with some surprising supplies. (A Little Pinch of Perfect)
- This Arctic Penguins on the Light Table invitation has to be one of the most unusual set-ups I saw. A definite must try! (Caution Twins at Play)
And just in case you want to keep holding onto that wonderful fall feeling, here’s an adorable Scarecrow Invitation to Play shared in last week’s Love to Learn Linky. From Mom Inspired Life.
Love to Learn Linky
To see more amazing kids’ activities featured this week, check out my co-hosts posts:
A Sensory Science Curriculum for Kids from One Time Through
If you were featured, be sure to grab a button!
Now it’s time for some more links! I hope you’ll join me and a few of my friends for a fun and educational linky party. Bloggers, share your posts every Thursday and watch as we round them up and share them all over the place. Almost anything goes, we’re just hoping your activities teach kids (or us!) something (science, art, cooking, behavior, crafting, parenting etc…). The Love to Learn Linky is hosted by:
Left Brain Craft Brain (leftbraincraftbrain.com): Anne is an ex-engineer, current stay-at-home mama writing about crafty ways to encourage creativity (and brain power!) in our kids. Each of her projects gives kids the chance to learn about a new subject and do something crafty at the same time.
Totschooling (totschooling.net): Viviana is a blogging mom to a toddler and a preschooler, sharing ideas and resources for early education. She specializes in unique, hands-on printable activities that are educational, fun and inspire creativity in young minds.
A Little Pinch of Perfect (alittlepinchofperfect.com): Katie combines creativity, play, and learning for the perfect mishmash of fun activities that keep kiddos entertained throughout the day. She wholeheartedly believes in the power of play and feels that all activities naturally provide a fun way to learn.
One Time Through (onetimethrough.com): Sue is an Elementary School Teacher currently on leave to be at home with her preschooler son. She shares ideas for connecting and learning with kids through meaningful, play-based activities that nurture curiosity and creativity.
Love to Learn Linky Etiquette:
- Posts should be about educating our kids in any way – science, art, cooking, crafts, behavior, parenting, etc. Please keep them family friendly and please no Etsy shops or giveaways unless they are relevant to the topic.
- Upload your direct post link to the InLinkz widget. Link up to 3 posts.
- Like the hosts on Facebook: Totschooling, A Little Pinch of Perfect, One Time Through, Left Brain Craft Brain.
- Or follow the hosts on Pinterest: A Little Pinch of Perfect, One Time Through, Left Brain Craft Brain, Totschooling.
- Post our button on your site.
- By linking up, you agree to have your images shared with credit.
Grab a Button!
And now it’s time for the links!
[inlinkz_linkup id=466553 mode=1]