There’s lots of experimentation going on in today’s post. Kids are exploring their senses and doing some STEM learning at the same time. I hope you enjoy these 25 Activities that combine STEM with eyes, ears, hands, mouths and noses. It’s Sensory Play STEM Learning. And keep on reading for this week’s Love to Learn Linky, too. This post contains affiliate links.
Feel STEM Activities
- Heat Sensitive Color Changing Slime || Left Brain Craft Brain
- Build a Bug STEM Challenge || Hand Made Kids Art
- Feed the Shark Playdough Geometry || Left Brain Craft Brain
- The Science Behind Clean Mud || Lemon Lime Adventures
- 5 Messy Ways to Play Brain Surgeon || Left Brain Craft Brain
See STEM Activities
- Prism Play Busy Bag || Left Brain Craft Brain
- Crystal Landscapes || Babble Dabble Do
- Rainbow Geometry Painting || Left Brain Craft Brain
- Stop Motion Animation for Kids || Tinkerlab
- Lava Lamp Density Experiment || The Science Kiddo
Taste STEM Activities
- Biology of Yogurt || Left Brain Craft Brain
- Oreo Learning Activities || Totschooling for The Pleasantest Thing
- What Makes an Apple Turn Brown || Left Brain Craft Brain
- Astronaut Pudding || Feels Like Home Blog
- Blind Taste Testing || Learn Play Imagine
Smell STEM Activities
- Biology of Bread || Left Brain Craft Brain
- Experimenting with Things that Smell || Picklebums
- Exploring How Taste and Smell Work Together || Mum in the Madhouse
- Mystery Scented Play Dough || Still Playing School
- Animal Sense of Smell Game || Mother Natured
Hear STEM Activities
- PVC Pipe Xylophone || Frugal Fun for Boys
- Erupting Sound Volcano || Growing a Jeweled Rose
- Teaching Kids How Sound is Made || Kids’ Activities Blog
- Dancing Oobleck || Housing a Forest
- DIY Kazoo Sound Experiment || Carrots are Orange
There are two other senses, too… Vestibular and Prioproception. But I need to save these for another day. You can check out my post How I Feed My Child a Sensory Diet with Science to learn more about our 6th and 7th senses.
More from Left Brain Craft Brain
Science, Tech, Engineering, Art, and Math Fun for Kids
Looking for some more STEAM inspiration that you can use right now? Instant gratification style? Check out STEAM Explorers!! The coolest new creative experience for kids is here! Think digital magazine meets online project portal in a safe, kid-friendly environment. (No more worrying about what might be hidden in that YouTube vid!) All engineer, teacher, and mom approved. And most definitely KID APPROVED!
- Monthly digital magazine with cool themes that's fun to read
- Hands-on, exciting projects the kids will love.
- Science, tech, engineering, art, and math learning YOU’LL love.
- Delicious recipes the kids can make.
- Fun printables and games
- Entertaining videos
All packed up in an easy to do package, ready for kids ages 5-12 to have fun.
Love to Learn Linky
Thanks for stopping by for this week’s Love to Learn Linky. Be sure to stop by my co-hosts’ pages to see these other fun activities.
How to Make Fantastic Flying Fish Paper Spinners || One Time Through
Fun and Easy Fine Motor Activities for Preschoolers || A Little Pinch of Perfect
The Love to Learn Linky is hosted by:
And now it’s time for the links!
[inlinkz_linkup id=518391 mode=1]