Ready for our absolute favorite creative activity??? It’s DIY Stickers!! Kids love stickers of all types. But the ones they create themselves are even better. This process is super simple and uses easy-to-find household supplies so you can be sticker-ready right away! They’re perfect for a fun activity in class or at home after-school and make an adorable addition to any present.
DIY Stickers Supplies Needed
Here’s the list of the simple supplies you’ll need for DIY stickers. Be sure to stock up because this activity will be on repeat! Kids can create their own designs or I drew up some uplifting designs they can color and turn into stickers, too.
Please note, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Copyweight paper or cardstock
- Parchment paper (I like these parchment sheets for baking and crafting!)
- Clear packing tape
- Free sticker design printable (Have it emailed to you by filling out the form below.)
FREE! DIY STICKER
How to Make DIY Stickers
Here’s a quick video that shows how these stickers are made. Read on for the detailed instructions.
- Draw and color your sticker design on a piece of paper or cardstock. Cardstock stickers are sturdier, but less flexible than regular paper.
- Cut out the sticker design with scissors.
- Place a large piece of parchment paper and lay it on the table. Cut a piece of clear packing tape that is longer than your sticker design is wide. Place the tape sticky side down on the parchment paper. NOTE: If making larger stickers that are taller than one piece of tape, slightly overlap rows of packing tape until you have a large enough piece.
- Place the cut out sticker design on top of the tape on the parchment paper, design side up.
- Cover the sticker design with packing tape, sticky side down.
- Cut out the sticker leaving at least 1/8” border of clear tape around the logo. This keeps the sticker pieces together.
Head Back to School in Style with STEAM
Looking for some more STEAM inspiration that you can use right now? Instant gratification style? Try STEAM Explorers, the coolest creative activity subscription for kids filled with hands-on projects, printables, recipes, and more every month. Get a brand new theme every month!
How to Use the DIY Sticker
When ready to use the sticker, peel off the parchment paper backing and stick. These stickers are great for water bottles, binders, and more!
More Fun Paper Crafts for Kids
Love paper crafts? Check out some of our other favorites!
FREE! DIY STICKER