This is the mega monster of STEAM posts. It’s a list of some of the coolest science, technology, engineering, art and math projects from some of the most creative bloggers out there, the STEAM Kids crew. Plus, all of the projects help feed the senses while kids play and learn. Get ready to have some fun!
To help you navigate this amazing list of activities, here’s a table of contents to help you jump to your favorite sense.
Sensing STEAM Table of Contents
SEE STEAM Activities for Kids
Look and learn! From patterned math art to the easiest magnifying glass you could ever make, these projects help kids learn while they see.
- How to Make a Magnetic Field Sensory Bottle || Left Brain Craft Brain
- How to Make a Magnifying Glass for Outdoor Exploration || One Time Through
- Old School Fun: Make a Thaumatrope || What Do We Do All Day?
- How to Make a Simple Kaleidoscope for Kids || Little Bins for Little Hands
- Number Chart Art || Pink Stripey Socks
- Print and Color Tessellation Puzzles || Frugal Fun For Boys
- Emoji Thaumatrope Optical Illusions || Left Brain Craft Brain
FEEL STEAM Activities for Kids
Buggy and squishy and stretchy and architectural projects make learning about STEAM fun.
- CD Case Travel Geoboard || Left Brain Craft Brain
- Easy and Colorful Magnetic Sculptures || Pink Stripey Socks
- Encourage Your Inventor with Creative Pool Noodle STEAM Fun || One Time Through
- String and Bead Puzzle || What Do We Do All Day
- 4 Engineering Challenges for Kids with Craft Sticks, Cups and Cubes || Frugal Fun For Boys
- Slug Slime Races || Lemon Lime Adventures
- Gelatin Streaking || Babble Dabble Do
- Quick and Easy Non-Newtonian Fluid Activity || Little Bins for Little Hands
SMELL STEAM Activities for Kids
Aromas make learning a lot more interesting! Especially when they are bubbly chemical reactions, artsy stuff, or show how your eyes can trick your nose.
- How What We See Changes What We Smell || Left Brain Craft Brain
- Lemon Volcanoes || Babble Dabble Do
- Scented Milk Carton Candles || What Do We Do All Day
- Citrus Chemical Reactions || Little Bins for Little Hands
- Spicy Process Art and Math || One Time Through
TASTE STEAM Activities for Kids
This is the yummiest section of them all. There’s ice cream, exploding food and colorful candy (oh and some healthy stuff too!).
- The Biology of Yogurt || Left Brain Craft Brain
- Seedy CD Art and Science || One Time Through
- Color Theory Candies || Babble Dabble Do
- Ice Cream in a Bag || What Do We Do All Day?
- Edible Gelatin Slime || Little Bins for Little Hands
- Make Your Own “Exploding” Chocolate Candy || Pink Stripey Socks
HEAR STEAM Activities for Kids
Do you hear that? That’s your kids learning and having fun :)
- Modern Art Steady Hand Game || Left Brain Craft Brain
- DIY Voicepipe || Babble Dabble Do
- How to Learn from a Failed Experiment || One Time Through
- Tonoscope Sound Science Experiment || Left Brain Craft Brain
- Twirling Buzzing Noise Maker || What Do We Do All Day
- Build a Water Xylophone || Pink Stripey Socks
- Salt Vibrations: Sound You Can See || Frugal Fun for Boys
- Exploring Viscosity with Pop Rocks Science || Little Bins for Little Hands
More STEAM Fun for Kids
All of these cool play & learn activities were part of a blog series we had this summer called Summer STEAM Camp. But they make for great learning all year round!
Looking for some more STEAM inspiration that you can use right now? Instant gratification style? Check out, STEAM Explorers!! The coolest new creative experience for kids is here! Think digital magazine meets online project portal in a safe, kid-friendly environment. (No more worrying about what might be hidden in that YouTube vid!) All engineer, teacher, and mom-approved. And most definitely KID APPROVED!
- A monthly digital magazine with cool themes that's fun to read
- Hands-on, exciting projects the kids will love.
- Science, tech, engineering, art, and math learning YOU’LL love.
- Delicious recipes the kids can make.
- Fun printables and games
Prepare your kids for the future with the STEAM Explorers coding ebook! Inside you’ll find fun, hands-on STEAM learning that introduces kids to the world of computers through easy-to-learn activities anyone can teach. The kids will love coding their own games, saying hello to Python, drawing with variables, creating art algorithms, and so much more!
All packed up in an easy-to-do package, ready for kids ages 6-12 to have fun.