This is the mega monster of STEAM posts. It’s a list of some of the coolest science, technology, engineering, art and math projects from some of the most creative bloggers out there. Plus, all of the projects help feed the senses while kids play and learn. Get ready to have some fun!
SEE STEAM Activities for Kids
Look and learn! From patterned math art to the easiest magnifying glass you could ever make, these projects help kids learn while they see.
- How to Make a Magnetic Field Sensory Bottle || Left Brain Craft Brain
- How to Make a Maginifying Glass for Outdoor Exploration || One Time Through
- Old School Fun: Make a Thaumatrope || What Do We Do All Day?
- How to Make a Simple Kaleidoscope for Kids || Little Bins for Little Hands
- Number Chart Art || Pink Stripey Socks
- Print and Color Tessellation Puzzles || Frugal Fun For Boys
FEEL STEAM Activities for Kids
Buggy and squishy and stretchy and architectural projects make learning about STEAM fun.
- CD Case Travel Geoboard || Left Brain Craft Brain
- Easy and Colorful Magnetic Sculptures || Pink Stripey Socks
- Encourage Your Inventor with Creative Pool Noodle STEAM Fun || One Time Through
- String and Bead Puzzle || What Do We Do All Day
- 4 Engineering Challenges for Kids with Craft Sticks, Cups and Cubes || Frugal Fun For Boys
- Slug Slime Races || Lemon Lime Adventures
- Gelatin Streaking || Babble Dabble Do
- Quick and Easy Non-Newtonian Fluid Activity || Little Bins for Little Hands
SMELL STEAM Activities for Kids
Aromas make learning a lot more interesting! Especially when they are bubbly chemical reactions, artsy stuff or show how your eyes can trick your nose.
- How What We See Changes What We Smell || Left Brain Craft Brain
- Scented Milk Carton Candles || What Do We Do All Day
- Citrus Chemical Reactions || Little Bins for Little Hands
- Spicy Process Art and Math || One Time Through
- Lemon Volcanoes || Babble Dabble Do
TASTE STEAM Activities for Kids
This is the yummiest section of them all. There’s ice cream, exploding food and colorful candy (oh and some healthy stuff too!).
- Seedy CD Art and Science | One Time Through
- Color Theory Candies | Babble Dabble Do
- Ice Cream in a Bag || What Do We Do All Day?
- Edible Gelatin Slime || Little Bins for Little Hands
- Make Your Own “Exploding” Chocolate Candy || Pink Stripey Socks
HEAR STEAM Activities for Kids
Do you hear that? That’s your kids learning and having fun :)
- Modern Art Steady Hand Game || Left Brain Craft Brain
- Exploring Viscosity with Pop Rocks Science || Little Bins for Little Hands
- How to Learn from a Failed Experiment || One Time Through
- Twirling Buzzing Noise Maker || What Do We Do All Day
- Build a Water Xylophone || Pink Stripey Socks
- Salt Vibrations: Sound You Can See || Left Brain Craft Brain
- DIY Voicepipe || Babble Dabble Do
Summer STEAM Camp
All of these cool play & learn activities were part of a blog series we had this summer called Summer STEAM Camp. But they make for great learning all year round!
Love STEAM as much as I do? Sign up for the Left Brain Craft Brain newsletter to hear about the fun projects we’re doing at the LBCB house.