Let’s save the earth, one STEM project at a time! We’re tinkering with trash and learning about nature all in the name of science, technology, engineering and math (and maybe a little art thrown in for fun, too). These STEM Goes Green activities are all from the first week of the 28 Days of Hands-On STEM Activities for Kids.
Upcycled and Earth Friendly Activities
I love projects that make the best of the trash can and recycling bin. Whether it’s simple tinkering or creating something striking to look at, recycling is a great way to incorporate science, math and engineering into creative time. Earth friendly and fun!
- Recycled Plastic Flowers Art & Science Project || Left Brain Craft Brain
- DIY Kid-Made Abacus || Handmade Kids Art
- Upcycled STEM – Take Apart Computers || Little Bins for Little Hands
- Recycled DIY Can Telephones || Lemon Lime Adventures
- Repurpose Dryer Lint for Gardening with Kids || Capri + 3
- Easy Upcycled Catapult || Go Science Girls
- Trash Tower Challenge || Our Daily Craft
Learn with Nature Activities
To round out our STEM Goes Green activities, we wanted the kids to go outside and learn about nature too. They can build, experiment and explore with these fun projects that use things we love from nature. Loose part play, exploring wind power and more.
- Pocket Size Nature Collection || Edventures with Kids
- Pine Cone Multiplication Craft || Thriving STEM
- Geology for Kids || Rhythms of Play
- Wind Powered STEM Challenge – LEGO Rescue || STEAM Powered Family
- Outdoors STEM: Build a Bridge || Preschool Powol Packets
- Green STEM Challenge: Light from Lemons|| Planet Smarty Pants
- Loose Parts and Natural Materials with Toddlers || Bambini Travel
28 Days of Hands-On STEM Activities for Kids
These STEM Goes Green activities are part of an amazing series of hands-on STEM activities for kids. I’ve joined up with 28 other bloggers and we’re creating 60+ fun science, technology, engineering & math activities. Each week is a different topic: STEM Goes Green, STEM Challenges, Coding for Kids & STEM On the Cheap. Click here for the full list of activities.
The BIGGEST SALE OF THE YEAR!!
Looking for some more STEAM inspiration that you can use right now? Instant gratification style? It's the Back to School STEAM Bundle! 93% off 55 amazing STEAM digital resources from 35 amazing educational creators. Need hands-on activities? They're in the bundle. Need math worksheets? They're in the bundle. Need science experiments? It's got those too. $540 worth of product for only $34.99. Perfect for kids ages 3 to 12. Or pick up the Little Learners bundle for ages 3 to 7 or Big Learners Bundle for ages 8 to 12.
This is the hottest sale of the year! But you have to act fast, it ends at midnight on 8/15/19.