Let’s save the earth, one STEM project at a time! We’re tinkering with trash and learning about nature all in the name of science, technology, engineering and math (and maybe a little art thrown in for fun, too). These STEM Goes Green activities are all from the first week of the 28 Days of Hands-On STEM Activities for Kids.
Upcycled and Earth Friendly Activities
I love projects that make the best of the trash can and recycling bin. Whether it’s simple tinkering or creating something striking to look at, recycling is a great way to incorporate science, math and engineering into creative time. Earth friendly and fun!
- Recycled Plastic Flowers Art & Science Project || Left Brain Craft Brain
- DIY Kid-Made Abacus || Handmade Kids Art
- Upcycled STEM – Take Apart Computers || Little Bins for Little Hands
- Recycled DIY Can Telephones || Lemon Lime Adventures
- Repurpose Dryer Lint for Gardening with Kids || Capri + 3
- Easy Upcycled Catapult || Go Science Girls
- Trash Tower Challenge || Our Daily Craft
Learn with Nature Activities
To round out our STEM Goes Green activities, we wanted the kids to go outside and learn about nature too. They can build, experiment and explore with these fun projects that use things we love from nature. Loose part play, exploring wind power and more.
- Pocket Size Nature Collection || Edventures with Kids
- Pine Cone Multiplication Craft || Thriving STEM
- Geology for Kids || Rhythms of Play
- Wind Powered STEM Challenge – LEGO Rescue || STEAM Powered Family
- Outdoors STEM: Build a Bridge || Preschool Powol Packets
- Green STEM Challenge: Light from Lemons|| Planet Smarty Pants
- Loose Parts and Natural Materials with Toddlers || Bambini Travel
28 Days of Hands-On STEM Activities for Kids
These STEM Goes Green activities are part of an amazing series of hands-on STEM activities for kids. I’ve joined up with 28 other bloggers and we’re creating 60+ fun science, technology, engineering & math activities. Each week is a different topic: STEM Goes Green, STEM Challenges, Coding for Kids & STEM On the Cheap. Click here for the full list of activities.
Science, Tech, Engineering, Art, and Math Fun for Kids
Looking for some more STEAM inspiration that use can use right now? Instant gratification style? Check out STEAM Kids: 50+ Hands-on Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, & Math Hands-On Projects for Kids ebook! It’s packed full of a year’s worth fun learning activities that will wow the boredom right out of your kids.
5 thoughts on “STEM Goes Green – 16 Upcycled and Earth Friendly Projects for Kids”
Pingback: 15 STEM Challenges for Kids - Left Brain Craft Brain
Pingback: Coding for Kids - Left Brain Craft Brain
Pingback: Upcycling and Repurposing for Homeschool | HEAV
Pingback: How to Make a Recycled Balloon Car - Left Brain Craft Brain
Pingback: Perfect Picture Book Friday Meets the Gift of Renewal. | Leslie Leibhardt Goodman
Comments are closed.