Travel STEM Toys for Ages 4 – 7
Here are some of my favorite hands-on learning play toys for preschool to first grade aged kiddos.
- Stratos Spheres Board Game is the perfect game for your lower elementary aged children. Work on visual spatial skills while creating a 3D game from the classic 4 in a row.
- Kids can work on mental math with Math Dice Chase Action Game! Bring this game along to the pool with a game that’s just like hot potato.
- Take your science on the road with this DIY Magnetic Field Bottle. Kids (and adults!) will be amazed by the mesmerizing patterns the magnet makes. Click on the picture for the instructions.
- Have fun with I Sea 10! Math Game this summer. This is a great memory game to build number sense by catching combinations of 10. But watch out for the hungry shark!
- The game of War is classic. Put a mathematical spin on it and you get Math War Addition and Subtraction Game Cards. Plus they fit easily into your backpack or beach bag.
- LeapStart is a cool interactive workbook from the makers of the LeapPad. But this time around, they’ve added STEM like space, animals and more.
- Kids will want to create with these magnetic, travel-sized Tegu Pocket Pouch Blocks. I keep a set in my backpack all the time for waiting in line or at restaurants, too.
Travel STEM Toys for Ages 8 – 14
Give the older kids some mental challenges that are fun enough to distract them from the electronics. We love these games for elementary through middle school aged children.
- ThinkFun (one of our favorite game makers!!) has created its first transparent card game for upper elementary kids. Swish is perfect for adults too with lots of great mental challenges to win the next round.
- Coggy is a great mental challenge for older kids by Fat Brain Toys. Manipulate gears to match the challenge cards which increase in difficulty. This is the perfect game for long car rides!
- Bring your tools with you while your travel for this unique brainteaser. This cast metal block puzzle increases your child’s patience while doubling as a chess game.
- Practice origami with FOLD. This unique brainteaser is sure to entertain your older children while you travel this summer.
- Do you have an only child? Bring along Shape-O-Metry while you travel! This game was made for individuals or partner play.
- I love these Sew Science Cuddly Critters soft circuit sewing kits. They’re adorable, light up, teach kids about circuits and are pre-punched for easy sewing.
- Encourage your growing architect with Block by Block. 5 blocks to go along with 60 mind challenge cards. Lightweight and great for on the go with a handy travel case!
- Spirograph is an old favorite that still intrigues kids with its combo of math and art. I love this easy to carry travel set.
- Turn your kids into Science Ninjas with this fun science card game. Players combine elements to create new molecules, earn points and win.