This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayMoments #CollectiveBias
Are you feeling some stress this holiday season? The stress to be Pinterest perfect? As a blogger I spend a lot of time on Pinterest, so I definitely am! And every year I get sucked into the idea of the perfect tray of Christmas cookies, for gifting and for serving. But you know what? This year I’m giving myself a pass on perfect cookies and here are five reasons why. Plus I’ve included my favorite Kid Taste Safe Christmas Cookie Dough and Frosting recipe for your next cookie decorating session.
- Messy cookies are more fun! Don’t stress about rolling sprinkles or spilled frosting until after the fun is over. Yeah, it takes a little more clean-up, but that’s what paper towels (Bounty) and laundry detergent (Tide) are for!! Oh and Dawn. Can’t live without Dawn. My butter smeared carpet from last year’s decorating party speaks for what Dawn can do!!
- Perfect cookies are over-rated because you have to make them by yourself. These cookies you get to make together and those memories are worth every minute… And your kids can make them on their own. My 4 1/2 year old is so proud of herself
- They probably taste better. Why? My daughter puts layer upon layer of frosting and about a gazillion sprinkles on her cookies. If I’m totally honest, I have to admit that they taste better that way :)
- They are more personal. Our life isn’t perfect. Far from it. So why do I feel like my Christmas cookies should be?
- Fun makes memories, not perfection. This is what my daughter will remember when she’s a grown-up making cookies with her kiddos. Hopefully she’ll remember the fun and also the sense of pride she felt when she did it all on her own. I’m guessing that she’ll remember sneaking bites of cookie dough when I wasn’t looking. Good thing we make cookies without eggs!
Pick up everything you need for these delicious cookies over at Costco! Yes, you DO need that 2 lb. package of butter because these cookies go fast!! And don’t worry about the mess… They have all the Tide you need for the entire holidays :)