This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CraftAmazing #CollectiveBias
Don’t you love how everything seems to light up at the holidays? Christmas trees. People’s houses. Menorahs. This year I wanted our presents to light up as well so I put together these cute holiday gift tags just waiting for a touch of brightness. You and the kids can light up Rudolph’s nose, the star on a Christmas tree or a beautiful snowflake. I’m making these for all our presents this year, they’re that easy!!
Light Up Holiday Gift Tags Supplies Needed
- 8 1/2″ x 11″ white card stock or scrapbook paper
- Red, yellow & blue LEDs
- CR2032 coin cell batteries
- Scotch® Expressions green, red & silver foil tape
- Scotch® Scrapbook Double Sided Tape
- Light Up Holiday Gift Tags Printable
- Print the Light Up Holiday Gift Tags Printable and cut tags out along the dotted lines.
- Poke two holes in the spot where the LED will go (Rudolph’s nose, the tree’s star, the center of the snowflake) about 1/4″ apart with the pin. Insert LED all the way until flush with the paper. Flip over the tag and bend the LED contacts at a 90º angle until they are flat with the paper. Insert the battery between the contacts (the long one is the +) and tape with the foil tape. I love using the Scotch® Expressions foil tape for this project because the battery area is just as cute as the front plus the tape sticks really well. Then secure the battery to the card with a piece of double sided tape.
- Tags can be attached to gift packaging with Scotch® Create double sided tape (my craft drawer must have!) or you can punch a hole on the top and add ribbon or twine.
How to Find Holiday Crafting Deals
I picked up these awesome supplies (love these sparkly boxes and bows that match the tape) at Walmart. And they didn’t break the bank… It’s a little hard to find the tape, so look for the scrapbooking section. I found both the sparkly holiday tape and the ever useful double sided tape there.
More Holiday Crafting
Looking for more holiday crafts this season? Check out all of these Scotch® Brand Create Amazing projects! And here are a few fun ones from Left Brain Craft Brain that combine STEAM with holiday crafting.
Sign Up for the Left Brain Craft Brain newsletter to hear about even more holiday projects coming up in the next few weeks.