You probably got the letter in your kiddo’s backpack recently. It’s science fair time. Don’t stress!! Left Brain Craft Brain has you covered with some of the Coolest Science Fair Projects for Kids. From crystals to energy efficiency and demonstrations to inquiry-based projects, there’s something for every elementary school-aged kid with a science fair assignment in their hands.
This post contains affiliate links.
Science Fair Projects for Kids
Before you jump into the list, have a chat with your child or students. Ask them what their favorite thing to do is these days. Maybe it’s cooking. Suggest a food science fair project. Or maybe it’s LEGO. Suggest some building play science. Science demonstration projects work well with the younger kids while inquiry-type projects can really challenge older kids.
Here’s a great list to get them excited about the science fair!
- Why Do Apples Turn Brown? || Left Brain Craft Brain
We love this apple experiment and use it to learn about the scientific method. To have this experiment workbook emailed to you, simply fill out the form below.
FREE! APPLE SCIENTIFIC
METHOD EXPERIMENT AND PRINTABLE
- Melting Ice Experiment || The Chaos and the Clutter
- No-Fail Crystals: Borax Crystal Wind Catchers || Babble Dabble Do
- Water Cycle in a Bag || Playdough to Plato
- Plant Science Experiments for Kids || iGameMom
- Why Do Leaves Change Color || Left Brain Craft Brain
We love this classic science fair experiment about leaves and trees. Be sure to grab the helpful printable instructions and lab worksheet too!
- Baked Potato Science Fair Project || Left Brain Craft Brain
- LEGO Science Fair Projects || Planet Smarty Pants
- Yeast Science Experiment || Lemon Lime Adventures
- Energy Efficient Windows Science Fair Project || Schooling a Monkey
- Cloud in a Jar || Playdough to Plato
- Build a Potato Battery || STEAM Powered Family
- How to Make an Anemometer to Test Wind Speeds || Left Brain Craft Brain
- Pendulum Painting Made Easy || Handmade Kids Art
- Does Fruit Sink or Float || The Science Kiddo
- Cabbage Juice Science Experiment || What Do We Do All Day?
- Fruit Enzymes Gelatin Experiment || Teach Beside Me
- Color Changing Chemistry Clock || Left Brain Craft Brain
- Tonoscope Sound Science Experiment || Left Brain Craft Brain
Answer the question, “Can you see sound?” by making this upcycled tonoscope device.
Science Fair Project Workbook
At the heart of all science fair projects is the Scientific Method. It’s the organized process that many scientists use to answer a question and to experiment. Why should you bother to learn about the scientific method? Because it teaches kids and adults critical thinking and a framework in which to approach any problem, not just ones in science. You can follow along with the experiment and the method below. Plus, check out a quick summary of all the steps in this FREE Science Fair Project Workbook printable.
Simply fill out the form below to have the Science Fair Workbook emailed to you!
FREE! SCIENCE FAIR
28 Days of STEAM – More Learning Fun!
Many of these projects are part of an amazing, month-long series of hands-on STEAM projects for kids. Click on over to 28 Days of STEAM for 60+ FREE science, tech, engineering, art, and math projects from 30+ education writers. All ready to get your kids excited to learn.
For Science (and art, math, engineering, and technology, too) Loving Kids
Looking for some more STEAM inspiration that you can use right now? Instant gratification style? Check out STEAM Explorers!! The coolest creative experience for kids is here! It's a digital book of the month club filled with tons of fun stuff for the kids to do and learn. All engineer, teacher, and mom-approved. And most definitely KID APPROVED!
- A monthly digital magazine with cool themes that are fun to read
- Hands-on, exciting projects the kids will love.
- Science, tech, engineering, art, and math learning YOU’LL love.
- Delicious recipes the kids can make.
- Fun printables and games
This month we're getting inspired by the world around us with the Spring Ebook!
Join us as we explore all the amazing springtime things in the month of March from flowers to life cycles to sports, too!! You’ll love the helpful standards-based learning, printables, and tools that make STEAM exploration easy! The kids will love constructing a butterfly life cycle pop-up book, making their writing bloom with cherry blossom haiku, playing a basketball lab for March Madness, & more!
All packed up in an easy-to-do package, ready for kids ages 6-12 to have fun.
FREE! SCIENCE FAIR
1 thought on “The Coolest Science Fair Projects for Kids”
Pingback: 25+ Easy and Awesome Science Projects for Kids - Left Brain Craft Brain
Comments are closed.