You’ve got the whole world in your hands! That is if you’ve made these super easy and super fun Earth Melted Crayon Rocks. They’re a great craft for Earth Day or any other day of the year that you’re celebrating Mother Earth.
This post contains affiliate links.
Earth Melted Crayon Rocks Supplies Needed:
- Rocks, as circular as you can find
- Picture of the Earth, globe, or pictures pulled up on your phone
- Candle warmer
- Small tray lined with newspaper or wax paper
- Waterproof sealant (optional)
Make the Melted Crayon Earth Rocks
- Line a small tray (any type) with newspaper or wax paper. Set aside.
- Place your candle warmer on a clear surface free of clutter and place the electrical cord out of the way. (While the candle warmer doesn’t get too hot, once we add the rocks and melted crayon wax things could get heated!)
- Place 2-3 rocks on your candle warmer and let heat up for about 5 minutes. (Alternatively, you can use an oven to heat your rocks but the candle warmer doesn’t over heat them as easily.)
- Gently place your blue crayon on the rocks and let the heat from the rocks melt it a bit. Draw the surface of the rocks blue to represent the ocean.
- Next, pulling up a picture of the Earth, attempt to draw the green outlines of the continents. Fill them in carefully, as the crayon will not let you go over the same spot twice without appearing streaky.
- Once you have colored your rocks, remove them with the spoon to the lined tray to dry.
- When the rocks are dry, you can seal with a waterproof sealant for outdoor use.
These make gorgeous paperweights, garden markers, or attach a magnet to the back with some hot glue for pretty, personalized magnets!
Earth Activities for Kids
These rocks make a great Earth Day activity for kids. Which can be any day of the year because we should all be celebrating the earth EVERY DAY! Check out: