If you’ve followed Left Brain Craft Brain much at all, you know that we love to build. With toys, with silly things, it doesn’t matter. First because it’s fun, but also because building inspires kids to develop so many skills… Fine motor, gross motor, spatial awareness, problem solving, creative thinking, etc. etc. etc. :) So to inspire our kids to architect their own play & learning, I’m launching the Invitation to Build Photo Challenge.
Two Ways to Play
There are two ways to participate in the Invitation to Build Photo Challenge:
- Instagram: Post your building photos on Instagram and tag with @leftbraincraftbrain & #InvitationToBuild. I’ve given you a calendar to get the creative juices going, but I’d love to see all of your building pics.
- Linky: Have you already done some creative building projects? Link up your blog post in the linky below.
Need Some Building Inspiration?
If you’re looking for some inspiration, check out these building activities from Left Brain Craft Brain.
- Nuts and bolts create some fun fine motor building with these Tinkering Trees.
- Have some fun with leftover party supplies by building Party Horn Skyscrapers.
- Take your building play on the road with this Portable Tinkering Kit for Preschoolers.
- Add some imaginative play with a favorite character by building Elsa’s Ice Palace.
And here are a few of my blogging friend’s building activities…