Summer has been on the run this year. Always busy, always moving and it’s been a bit of a struggle to make sure that we all get the healthy food that we need. Too many junk food distractions out on the road! So I dreamed up a snack for the family that helps us get the protein we need to keep up and still feels like a treat. It’s Protein Packed Peaches & Cream Fruit Gummies. This recipe is sponsored by Yoplai but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
My body needs protein to feel right. It’s taken me a few years to figure it out, but I try to be conscious of it now. So if I’m having something sweet, I pair it with something protein loaded. That’s why I love these gummies. Sweet, juicy peach flavor combined with the creamy, protein power of Yoplait Greek yogurt. Each serving of gummies has over 5g of protein!
My 4 1/2 year old daughter is a huge fan of these too. So yummy and they’re so simple to make, she can make them all by herself (with a little mama supervision with the stove…). Just three easy ingredients and a few hours of wait time. After the first batch, the kiddos will realize that it’s worth the wait :)
Want to learn a bit about the science behind this food? Check out my posts The Biology of Yogurt or Learning About Polymers with Homemade Fruit Gummies.
Protein Packed Peaches and Cream Fruit Gummies Recipe
- 2 cups peach or peach mango juice
- 1 150g container Yoplait Greek yogurt (vanilla or peaches and cream flavor)
- 4 packets Knox Gelatin (other brands are fine, check package size if using a different brand)
- 1 peach, diced into small chunks (optional)
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of juice into a small sauce pan. Heat over medium heat until it just barely starts bubbling along the sides of the pan. Remove from heat and stir in yogurt.
- While juice heats, pour remaining 1/2 cup of the juice into a small bowl. Add gelatin and let bloom for five minutes.
- Add gelatin to heated juice/yogurt mixture and stir until fully dissolved.
- Pour mixture into a 9″ loaf or 9″ square pan. and chill for 1-2 hours.
- Remove from pan by running a knife along the edge of gummies and cut into squares on a cutting board.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Makes approximately 8 servings.
For more creative ways to cook with Yoplait yogurt, check out these recipes!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Yoplait®. The opinions and text are all mine.
4 thoughts on “Protein Packed Peaches and Cream Fruit Gummies Recipe”
Pingback: 5 Super Easy Snack Hacks for Active Preschoolers - Left Brain Craft Brain
Pingback: 8 Recipes for Homemade Gummies - Ask Dr. Kathleen Hall
Pingback: Wholesome Fruit Snacks You Can Make At Residence | Shop-You.com
Pingback: Healthy Summertime Kid Snacks - Best Market
Comments are closed.