I whipped up a batch of yummy smelling Pumpkin Spice Playdough the other day for some fun, sensory play. Here’s the super easy recipe! Try adding fall elements like acorns, leaves and pine cones for festive play.
Pumpkin Spice Playdough Recipe
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup salt
1 T. cream of tartar
2 T. pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 cups water
3 T. vegetable oil
Orange food coloring or liquid water colors
- Combine dry ingredients in a large pot and stir until well mixed.
- Stir in water and oil until combined. Add orange food coloring until a rich orange color is achieved.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until dough is thick.
- Remove play dough from the pot and place on a plate or cookie sheet to cool. Cover with a paper towel or dish cloth so it won’t dry out.
- Once dough is cool enough to handle, knead dough until smooth.
- Once dough reaches room temperature, store in an air tight container or zipper bag.
Looking for some more STEAM inspiration that you can use right now? Instant gratification style? Check out STEAM Explorers!! The coolest creative experience for kids is here! It's a digital book of the month club filled with tons of fun stuff for the kids to do and learn. All engineer, teacher, and mom-approved. And most definitely KID APPROVED!
- A monthly digital magazine with cool themes that are fun to read
- Hands-on, exciting projects the kids will love.
- Science, tech, engineering, art, and math learning YOU’LL love.
- Delicious recipes the kids can make.
- Fun printables and games
Get ready to have fun with hands-on STEAM this Halloween! Join us this October as we investigate bats, brains, spiders, candy, and pumpkins through hands-on STEAM!The kids will love building a spider bot, getting grossed out by delicious spider egg cookies, and learning about the brain with hands-on play.
We’ve split the issue into four weekly themes:
- WEEK 1: SENSATIONAL SPIDERS
- WEEK 2: PUMPKIN PROJECTS
- WEEK 3: SPOOKY STEAM
- WEEK 4: TRICK OR TREAT