I whipped up a batch of yummy smelling Pumpkin Pie Spice Play Dough the other day for some fun, sensory play. Here’s the super easy recipe! Try adding fall elements like acorns, leaves and pine cones for festive play.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Play Dough Recipe
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup salt
1 T. cream of tartar
2 T. pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 cups water
3 T. vegetable oil
Orange food coloring or liquid water colors
- Combine dry ingredients in a large pot and stir until well mixed.
- Stir in water and oil until combined. Add orange food coloring until a rich orange color is achieved.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until dough is thick.
- Remove play dough from the pot and place on a plate or cookie sheet to cool. Cover with a paper towel or dish cloth so it won’t dry out.
- Once dough is cool enough to handle, knead dough until smooth.
- Once dough reaches room temperature, store in an air tight container or zipper bag.