I whipped up a batch of yummy smelling Pumpkin Spice Playdough the other day for some fun, sensory play. Here’s the super easy recipe! Try adding fall elements like acorns, leaves and pine cones for festive play.
Pumpkin Spice Playdough Recipe
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup salt
1 T. cream of tartar
2 T. pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 cups water
3 T. vegetable oil
Orange food coloring or liquid water colors
- Combine dry ingredients in a large pot and stir until well mixed.
- Stir in water and oil until combined. Add orange food coloring until a rich orange color is achieved.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until dough is thick.
- Remove play dough from the pot and place on a plate or cookie sheet to cool. Cover with a paper towel or dish cloth so it won’t dry out.
- Once dough is cool enough to handle, knead dough until smooth.
- Once dough reaches room temperature, store in an air tight container or zipper bag.
More Halloween STEM and STEAM Fun for Kids (and Adults Too!)
You and the kids will love exploring your favorite October themes with STEAM Explorers! You’ll find hands-on art and engineering projects like spider bots, candy STEAM, bat physics, spider web weaving, and more. Delicious recipes that teach about science what you snack (the spider egg cookies are delish!). Printables perfect for home or school that get kids thinking and having fun. Pages to read that help kids understand spiders, sound, bats, and more. Plus they can get inspired by STEM careers all about candy. And as always, lots of fun stuff like color by coding, word searches, seek and finds, and more.