Ever find that finding the right gift can be a challenge? My husband and I always disagree on presents. He’s all about experiential, activity style gifts instead of physical presents. I like physical presents because they last much longer than a one time experience. I think I’ve solved the problem, though. Give both!! Here’s a fun pairing oF STEAM activities from Left Brain Craft Brain and some cool gifts for kids from Uncommon Goods. Many thanks to them for sponsoring this post (and being a place for cool STEAM toys!!)
Tinkering & Building Gift & Activity Pairs
We love us some tinkering around here! Whether it’s making carrot pianos with Makey Makey, tinkering with trash or getting our lightsabers glowing with circuits, there’s always something fun to build and learn.
- Get inspired by Rosie Revere, Engineer with this fun Tinkering Station for Young Engineers & this Invention Design Studio Kit.
- Are bots your kiddo’s thing? Try these fun Upcycled Toy Car Marker Bots & this Magbot Magnetic Block Set.
- Circuits are so much fun to play with, especially when they light up, make music and more like these May the Force Be With You Cards & Makey Makey.
- Build with some unusual things like Nuts and Bolts Tinkering Trees & these fun Stacrobats.
Sensory STEAM Gift& Activity Pairs
I often feel that learning gets even better when you incorporate the senses into it. Doing things like feel math or taste science make it a lot more fun. These gift and activity pairs do just that.
- Try some stop motion animation with these fun Play Dough Robots & this Claymation Stop Motion Set.
- Put a whole new spin on math practice with Kinetic Sand Math & a box of Kinetic Sand.
- Get ready for Shark Week with some Feed the Shark Play Dough Geometry & this adorable Shark Bite Pouch.
- Science can be tasty with the Biology of Bread & an Edible Chemistry Kit.
Pretend STEM Gift & Activity Pairs
There’s nothing better than the imagination of a young person. You can inspire the game of what do I want to be when I grow up (a STEMist!) with these pretend play pairs.
- Take their pretend play to outer space with Astronaut Doll Pretend Play & these yummy Planet Lollipops.
- Kids can have a fun medical supply art session and become a Paint Doctor & play with a Little Patient Doll.
- Act like an animal with Animal Track Hand Prints & Animal Hand Tattoos.
- Got a future surgeon in the house? Give them 5 Messy Ways to Play Brain Surgeon & Plush Organs if they want their play a little less slimy.
Uncommon Gifts Make Big Hits
I was so excited when Uncommon Goods reached out to me last month because I love their site. It’s a great place to find slightly random, but totally thoughtful gifts that are just right for someone. For example, I found my airline obsessed brother a bag made out of airplane life vests. Yup, random. But totally on point. Need some other gift ideas? Like maybe for your anniversary or a baby shower? Definitely give them a try.