We love Minions around our house. And we’re totally excited for the new Minions movie coming out in a few weeks. So we decided to make some Minions :) Minion Brush Bots specifically. They run and circle around in a hilarious way, just like in the movies. So get your motors ready for some fun STEM learning with this free Minion printable! And get ready for giggles because I promise you, you can’t keep a straight face when you see these little guys moving around. Keep reading to the end for this week’s Love to Learn Linky, too.
Minion Brush Bots Supplies Needed (1 set per Minion)
SAFETY NOTE: Coin cell batteries are extremely hazardous if swallowed. Please keep away from children who put non-food items in their mouth.
- Cut the head off an angled toothbrush by pinching the neck in a pair of wire cutters and bending back and forth until it snaps.
- Tape motor to toothbrush head with transparent tape. Play around with motor placement and direction as these make a difference in how the brush bot moves around. Note: I ended up buying my motors because the wires kept breaking on the ones I pulled from vibrating toothbrushes.
- Take the two motor wires and tape each wire to a side of the battery using electrical tape. Motor doesn’t turn on? Switch sides… Then slide one wire out until you are ready to play with the Minion.
- Print and cut out Minions from the Minion Brush Bot Printable. Take one Minion and wrap around the toothbrush head into a cylinder with the motor wires placed up through the cylinder. Tape closed with transparent tape. You want to make sure it’s really tight because otherwise the brush bot will slip out.. Then tape the bottom of the cylinder to the toothbrush head with transparent tape.
- Repeat with the other two Minion designs if desired. Connect the battery wires. Now have tons of fun watching these silly Minions run around!
You have to watch them run around in this video. Our house cannot stop giggling :)
STEM Learning Made Fun
Love STEM learning made fun? Sign up for the Left Brain Craft Brain newsletter to receive fun science, technology, engineering and math projects right in your inbox.
Love to Learn Linky
Thanks for stopping by for this week’s Love to Learn Linky. Be sure to stop by my co-hosts’ pages to see these other fun activities.
Summer Picnic Play Sensory and Phonics Bin || One Time Through
Road Trip Printables for Traveling with Kids || Totschooling
Outdoor Activities the Kids Will Love || A Little Pinch of Perfect
The Love to Learn Linky is hosted by:
And now it’s time for the links!
Loading InLinkz ...