You can search the internet for some of the best technology projects for kids, but we have done the hard work for you! This list is sure to get those creative juices flowing! Use this set of 28 Days of STEM Activities and STEAM Activities for Kids (and a few more, too!) posts to excite the kids all year long. Learn using STEM and STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, & math) concepts while you explore forces of motion, chemistry, sound, and so much more!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
20 Technology Projects for Kids
Kids love all things tech! Help your creative kids with coding, robots, and more! You’ll find all kids of great science, technology, engineering, art, and math ideas woven into this set of technology projects for kids. Bookmark this page for great problem solving ideas you can try this year!
Circuits Cards and More Circuit Activities for Kids
These circuit projects are sure to teach kids all about electric circuits!
- How to Make a Lighting Bug Circuit Paper Card || Left Brain Craft Brain – This little bug is so much fun! It’s sure to bring a little light to your next circuit activity!
- How to Make a Coin Battery || Teach Beside Me – Who knew? Learn how to stack coins to make a battery. You want to be sure to try this with adult supervision.
- Light Up Circuit Valentines || Left Brain Craft Brain – Show your love for your friends and family with a sweet light up Valentine!
- Make a Light Up Paper Circuit Thaumatrope || One Time Through – We are fascinated with thaumatropes! This time your STEAM kids can make a light up thaumatrope with just a couple simple materials.
- Fruit Stand Circuits || Left Brain Craft Brain – Who knew? Your favorite fruit has an electrical charge! This is a really awesome science fair project too!
- Paper Circuit Cards || Science Kiddo – I love this one! You’ll want to grab some copper tape for this easy circuit card. Make your own creations in a couple minutes!
- Circuit Flowers || STEAM Powered Family – These circuits are gorgeous enough to give as a gift!!
- Light Up May the Fourth Be With You Cards || Left Brain Craft Brain – You know we are HUGE Star Wars fans and we make these every year.
- Electric Circuit Kids Valentine || JDaniel4’s Mom – Your Valentine is going to be so surprised with this light up reminder of how much you care!
- Light Up & Pop Up Circuit Flower Card || Left Brain Craft Brain – Who wouldn’t love a light up flower card? This is perfect to add to your technology projects for kids this spring!
Check out the May the Fourth Be With You Circuit Card in action!
Bots and More
Your going to love this set of STEM ideas for busy kids! Bots are so fun to make with kids!
- Minion Brush Bot || Left Brain Craft Brain – Aren’t Minions awesome? If you have a little Minion fan at home, make your own Minion bot is just a couple minutes!
- Code Your Own Art Bot || Kids STEAM Lab – Art bots are the wave of the future! Grab this simple
- Build a Hexbug Maze with Straws || Buggy and Buddy – Add this one to your list of technology projects for kids! Kids will find new life with their old bot with a DIY maze!
- How to Make a Modern Art Steady Hand Game || Left Brain Craft Brain – We are all about amazing STEAM ideas here! This is one of my favorite learning activities for creative kids with an open ended result.
- Coming Soon… A Brush Bot Series from Left Brain Craft Brain and Babble Dabble Do!!
We have had a lot of fun with computers and computer parts over the years. Here are some of our favorite projects!
- Computer Destruction || Left Brain Craft Brain – You know you want to give this a try! Don’t throw out that old computer. Instead us it to explore!
- 8 Ways to Play with an Old Keyboard || Left Brain Craft Brain – For some reason, old keyboards seem to find their way to our house. We had so many! So we left our preschooler explore and learn.
- Play Dough Robots || Left Brain Craft Brain – This is sure to be a favorite for your kids! Grab your favorite play dough recipe and old computer parts for this open ended play idea.
- Computer Part Mandalas || Left Brain Craft Brain – Teach kids about the inner workings of computers while creating a quirky (or should I say QWIRTY?) mandala.
Coding Activities for Kids
Coding is the language of the future! Here are some unique ways to help them learn.
- Lego Secret Code || Frugal Fun for Boys & Girls – I’m in love with this! What a great way to entertain kids with STEM!
- 3 Coding Games to Learn Shapes and Geometry with a Cool Coding Toy || iGameMom – Kids love coding games. Here are 3 to try!
- If-Then Backyard Coding Game for Kids || Left Brain Craft Brain – We always have neighbor kids hanging out at our house. If you do too, try this fun game that even your preschoolers will LOVE!
- Coding a Lego Maze || Research Parent – Bring new life to your Lego stash with this fun coding game you can customize for any learning level.
- Candy Cane Coding || Left Brain Craft Brain For a little festive fun, be sure to code your candy canes this year!
Even More! Fun Technology Projects for Kids
Not sure where to start with coding? I wasn’t either until I started collecting ideas! Here’s the very best Coding for Kids activities for you to get started with today.
Circuits are our little fascination around here. I know it can be a little daunting for others so I put together a great list of Circuit Activities for Kids! AND a special little freebie for you to jump start your circuit learning.
Science, Tech, Engineering, Art, and Math Fun for Kids
Looking for some more STEAM inspiration that you can use right now? Instant gratification style? Check out STEAM Explorers!! The coolest new creative experience for kids is here! Think digital magazine meets online project portal in a safe, kid-friendly environment. (No more worrying about what might be hidden in that YouTube vid!) All engineer, teacher, and mom approved. And most definitely KID APPROVED!
- Monthly digital magazine with cool themes that's fun to read
- Hands-on, exciting projects the kids will love.
- Science, tech, engineering, art, and math learning YOU’LL love.
- Delicious recipes the kids can make.
- Fun printables and games
- Entertaining videos
All packed up in an easy to do package, ready for kids ages 5-12 to have fun.
28 Days of STEM Activities and STEAM Activities for Kids
These projects are part of an amazing, month-long series of hands on STEM and STEAM projects for kids. Click on over to 28 Days of STEM Activities and STEAM Activities for Kids for 60+ FREE science, tech, engineering, art, and math projects from 30+ education writers. All ready to get your kids excited to learn.